Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Walk in Winter


Sadly, I had to be away this past week for my father-in-law’s funeral. It was a time to celebrate his life, be with family and also celebrate my mother-in-law's eightieth birthday!

It also meant flying from the rainy wet coast to Saskatchewan, where the temperature was at certain times -30 degrees. In the midst of one of the gatherings my daughter and I escaped all the food and visiting to go for a walk, it was a very short walk, but long enough to appreciate the beauty of small town, Saskatchewan.
6" x 6" acrylic painting on gallery wrapped canvas- NFS

3 comments:

Kelly Schwark said...

First of all, I am so sorry for your family's loss, but hopefully the visit was healing.

This painting is so moving. It makes me want to walk along her side so I can put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Thank you for letting us in on such a moment.

Sincerely,
Kelly
http://kellyschwark.com

Patricia D Arndt said...

Thanks Kelly, I appreciate your kind words, it was a special time.

Brenda said...

Of course I love this one. Just walked the small town again when taking Mom home and passed some school children. Brought back memories of my own childhood, so does your painting.

Brenda